Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this a shock or what?
Shlama Akha Rafa, Raymond, Judge and Aaron,

Just getting back to these wonderful responses.

Akhi Rafa, yes I am using that quote a lot. You can make whatever art out of it you like...it's the words themselves that matter.

Akhi Aaron, thanks for making that direct link so people can see it for themselves and also for your private correspondence.

Akhi Judge, as to your point, I think It is a bit more complicated than saying Burkitt ruined the party for everyone. Part of the problem was also that Western missionaries tended to ignore the Eastern Peshitta and the Western traditions got supremacy in the literature of the time generally speaking. Agnes Lewis' discoveries of Siniaticus and other mss at St. Catherines muddied the picture too--especially when it was linked to the Curetonian mss discovered earlier. Plus we should bear in mind that even Bruce Metzger and Arthur Voobus refuted Burkitt but still retained Greek primacist belief otherwise, so it's not like Burkitt's theories are in ascendancy either.

And to all of you, for me the most astonishing thing remains that I found it days before that seminar in Portland when it was so desperately needed. YHWH is most kind...
Shlama w'burkate
Andrew Gabriel Roth

Messages In This Thread
Is this a shock or what? - by Andrew Gabriel Roth - 02-17-2010, 06:09 AM
Re: Is this a shock or what? - by Sami Rabia - 02-17-2010, 11:19 AM
Re: Is this a shock or what? - by ograabe - 02-17-2010, 09:16 PM
Re: Is this a shock or what? - by Donald J - 02-18-2010, 12:15 AM
Re: Is this a shock or what? - by Aaron S - 02-18-2010, 04:18 AM
Re: Is this a shock or what? - by judge - 02-18-2010, 10:57 PM
Re: Is this a shock or what? - by rramlow - 03-03-2010, 08:26 AM
Re: Is this a shock or what? - by Andrew Gabriel Roth - 03-15-2010, 01:49 AM