Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coordinated Aramaic primacy research directions?
Hi all,

looking over the site again I see there's quite a few areas of research, like Paul's work on Peshitta verses in Aphrahat and St Ephrem etc etc.

Is there any sense of a coordinated approach here to Aramaic primacy research?
Is there a list of who is doing what? especially at the masters or Phd level which may be useful to take this knowledge further in the public arena?

If we are going to change minds then ISTM that some kind of coordination or discussion is needed so research can be focussed and maximally likely to change minds. I'm considering what to do for my Phd after I complete my masters soon, and am seriously considering eg more work on Aphrahat. But is anyone else doing that *comprehensively?* Paul?

I know most people don't have the luxury of a few years spare, but I'm very happy for advice on direction, so I can best use my years (I'm 49). And even "hobbyists" can out-strip so-called "scholars" as evidenced very well on this site (eg the debunking of trimm's silliness etc). ie. We can all do our bit so every bit counts.

I searched a lot but could not see anything on this topic. I think we can be better communicating the research areas and achieve more :-) Otherwise the forum will continue to be seen by some outside Greek-primacy critics as fringe and "unacademic". Don't we all dream of one day "showing them" ;-) may that day come.

in Christ,
Fr. John D'Alton

Messages In This Thread
Coordinated Aramaic primacy research directions? - by frjdalton - 11-07-2009, 10:53 AM