Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Church of the East position on non-canonical Books
Could someone please tell me which books that the church of the East would consider as non-canononical but yet genuine, and in what language these orignals were written in??(I mean, letters that did not make the canon of the New Testament in the CoE but are not considered "psuedo" letters and whose authorship is without dispute) Maybe I can give an example: 2 John; considered nocanononical by the CoE but genuine and author was John: language - Greek.

In answering me one need not give me an exhaustive list but maybe just give me list of books from the Ethiopic Church's canon. I believe they have a 35 book canononicle New Testament. You caould also give me a list of the "biggies." By that I mean those books that were given serious consideration by the CoE that came close to making it in the NT canon.

Thank you for much. I will also take any leads or links to help me get a pretty good backround in answer to this question.

Kindly,

Mike karoules

Messages In This Thread
Church of the East position on non-canonical Books - by Mike Kar - 05-04-2009, 06:42 PM