Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An important distinction
Shlama all--

Just to make sure this is clear:

When I talk about the early RCC hiding Aramaic Gospels this is NOT a condemnation of all Catholics, past and present, throughout the world. If that logic were followed, then it could be said that my condemnation of the Rabbis for cursing the Nazarenes should be extended against all their kin, which would include myself. I don't curse all Jews when criticizing Rabbinic Judaism and I don't curse all Catholics when codnemning the acts of a few who founded the RCC.

But I tell you the truth: It would be a larger sin if no one ever criticized any group for huge atrocities simply because others who happen to by chance share that ancestry might get upset. I have for example a Turkish friend--and you can guess what we sometimes discuss and can discuss in a frank way.

Also when I use the term "Gentile" it simply means everyone except my ancestors. It is a neutral term that means "nations" or "peoples"--again no perjorative is attached. It would be like Austrians denying Hitler wasn't born in their country. They know he was--but being upset at Hitler is ONLY at Hitler.

I pray this is clear. I believe in dialogue and friendship and in agreeing to disagree. There is a difference between ancestral wrongs and love throughout the community of humanity. My Savior died for everybody, Jew and Gentile alike. I honor that sacrifice.
Shlama w'burkate
Andrew Gabriel Roth

Messages In This Thread
An important distinction - by Andrew Gabriel Roth - 03-24-2009, 09:41 PM
Re: An important distinction - by BrotherLarry - 03-25-2009, 02:10 AM