Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Luke 2:22 casts DARK SHADOWS on Aramaic Primacy
Paul Younan Wrote:Shlama Akhi Mike,

This is going to be my last post on this topic because it does not appear that we are making any progress. For example, your statement above has been answered already, yet you do not seem to be acknowledging it.

Once again, I will answer it.

A male child, from the time he is born until the time he is circumcised is ceremonially unclean.

The phrase in Luke 2:22, "days of their purification", refers to the combined, concurrent time periods where the mother and the child are ceremonially impure. The boys first 7 days of life and the mothers' 40 days. During the first 7 days after childbirth, they (mother and boy) share a state of ceremonial impurity.

The offering at the temple was not for Yeshua, his ceremonial impurity ended 33 days ago. The offerings, both the burnt offering (the freewill/peace gift) and the atonement offering, were for Mariam.

Take care!

Shalom

Thank you for your kind clarification. I wonder as how to interpret the word of the Angel who declared that the child is "holy" (Luke 1:35) versus ceremonially unclean for 8 days. Was the holiness absent or unable to commence without 8 days purification?

By the eighth day will the mother and the child be present before the temple in Jerusalem for this circumcision ceremony? Or Joseph and baby Jesus can be present at the temple?

Now these offerings of turtledoves or pigeons is also for the 8th day purification

Lev 14:22 And two turtledoves, or two young pigeons, such as he is able to get; and the one shall be a sin offering, and the other a burnt offering.
Lev 14:23 And he shall bring them on the eighth day for his cleansing unto the priest, unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, before the LORD.

How do we know it is for 8th day purification or for 40th day purification offerings?

Messages In This Thread
Luke 2:22 is Clear as Day - by Stephen Silver - 11-08-2008, 07:00 PM
Re: Luke 2:22 casts DARK SHADOWS on Aramaic Primacy - by positron - 11-09-2008, 01:09 PM