Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To Andrew Gabriel Roth About Mari/PEACE
Spyridon Wrote:Albion, being outside the mainstream isn't wrong in and of itself. George Lamsa was decidedly outside the mainstream, and yet he's one of my favorite writers. We should respect each other's individuality.

That I do agree with but your first reply seemed to have contradicted what you said above:

Spyridon Wrote:While I respect Roth as a translator, one should recognize that his theology is outside mainstream Christianity,

Akhi Andrew has been very transparent with us about his beliefs, and I fail to see how his theology is outside mainstream Christianity. Andrew believes in the Father, Son & Holy Spirit, He believes that eternal life is obtained through belief in Yeshua's atoning sacrifice alone, and he believes that every book of the Bible is the inspired word of Alaha. So he's Torah-observant, so what? Scripture says that we must keep Alaha's commandments, Messianic Jews just have a much broader interpretation of this, but they don't perform sacrifices. And who says mainstream Christianity always gets everything right anyway?

Spyridon Wrote:even outside Messianic Judaism.

Granted Messianic Judaism is quite diverse, I don't see how akhi Andrew's theology is outside Messianic Judaism.

Spyridon Wrote:An authentic Semitic faith can be found in an ancient church like Syriac Orthodoxy.

It can also be found in the CoE and in Judaism, after all you did say "Semitic faith" and the Jews are Semites too you know.

Messages In This Thread
Re: To Andrew Gabriel Roth About Mari/PEACE - by Christina - 09-08-2008, 07:32 PM