Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On the "Western Five" extra-Peshitta books
positron Wrote:Of course Western Canon of SOC has 5 books reconstructed from Greek Text but Eastern Canon did not bother to include them for some theological reason.

Of course?

positron Wrote:Is the name of Alaha being used for Western Canon and Eastern Canon? I read some where that Alaha is only used in the Eastern Canon.
There a linguistic differences in these regions. eg. Alaha or Aloha

Now these Aramaic versions are different too?
1John 5:1 - ???? <snip>
1John 5:1 - <snip>
The differences you found are minimal. There are, just a few differences. They speak for a honest try to copy the scriptures instead of willfully change the scriptures to ones own desires.

1John 5:1 Whoever believeth that Jesus is the Messiah, is born of God. And whoever loveth the begetter, loveth him also that is begotten of him. (Murdock)
positron Wrote:In addition why the bystanders at the Cross mistaken Yeshua was calling Elijah if the name of God is Alaha?
Because 1) Jesus spoke an other dialect 2) Might not have had full breathing capabilities anymore (because of hanging) 3) 'El' IS ancient Hebrew form likely to alohah, allah, Elohim. eg. Psalms 22. The Judean people (except the clergy) might not have had this knowledge.

So Jesus said: "El-i" Where the extension 'i' means genitive. ie. MY God.

positron Wrote:Obviously the Khabouris with 22 books omitting the last 5 books of the NT namely 2 Peter, 2 John, 3 John, Jude and Revelation is very serious to consider the whole book as authentic. The compiler of the Khabouris codex may have ignore the most important warning in the Book.

It seems you never did a contextual compare yourselves. I did, and found many constructs which are NOT explainable from a translation from Greek to Aramaic.

Messages In This Thread
Aramaic New Testament - by Stephen Silver - 10-19-2008, 03:49 AM
Re: Aramaic New Testament - by positron - 10-19-2008, 11:39 AM
Re: Aramaic New Testament - by distazo - 04-22-2009, 10:53 AM