Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For the King
Quote:Do you think that Jesus Christ is some kind of macho tatooed warrior?
Actually, that's exactly how Revalation 19 describes Him!
"Then I saw the heavens opened, and there was a white horse; its rider was (called) "Faithful and True." He judges and wages war in righteousness.
His eyes were (like) a fiery flame, and on his head were many diadems. He had a name 8 inscribed that no one knows except himself.
He wore a cloak that had been dipped in 9 blood, and his name was called the Word of God.
The armies of heaven followed him, mounted on white horses and wearing clean white linen.
Out of his mouth came a sharp sword to strike the nations. He will rule them with an iron rod, and he himself will tread out in the wine press the wine of the fury and wrath of God the almighty.
He has a name written on his cloak and on his thigh, "King of kings and Lord of lords."

Anyway, I certainly don't want to cause an argument. I respect your belief that tatoos are inappropriate, and I know many Christians that agree with you. For this reason, I'm getting it in an area that people wouldn't see, so as to not offend my Christian brothers.
You say that this language is beautiful, and I agree with you. How can getting something "beautiful and precious" on my body "mar" it? This is not a scar or blemish, but a beautiful reminder of my faith. I know of no scripture that shows tatoos to be an offront to God. This is a gray area, with room for disagreement, but I don't think you can use the New Testament to prove that tatoos offend God. Thank you very much for your reply, and I appreciate your spiritual fervor in protecting the holiness of our God.

Messages In This Thread
For the King - by brecker - 06-28-2008, 01:10 AM
Re: For the King - by Stephen Silver - 06-28-2008, 04:44 AM
Re: For the King - by brecker - 06-28-2008, 04:39 PM
Re: For the King - by Stephen Silver - 06-28-2008, 05:54 PM