Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Perfect Peshitta Text
Hello Otto,

You can address me in the second person instead of the third person; I am right here.

You are laboring under a misconception of what a skip text is. Of course a work of literature has orderly letter distributions; The Peshitta does also. I was not searching the plain Peshitta text on the surface for Divine Names; that would be silly; many of the Divine titles were taken from The plain Peshitta text in the first place. I was searching skip texts. A skip text is any text which is searched by skipping letters; it is not searching the plain surface text for non randomness; of course the surface text is non random; it has word patterns everywhere. But when you start skipping letters, the letter patterns become random very quickly, especially if the skips are large, say beyond 10 letters or so.
Have you ever done this kind of search, Otto? Any literary works design quickly breaks down when you do this kind of search for word patterns of any complexity.

Codefinder or any good code breaking program will predict very accurately how many expected findings there are for a particular search word in any text prepared for the program to be searched. For War and Peace in Hebrew or Moby Dick in English, one can test the results of searching for particular "code" words, and the expected number will almost always be within 1 standard deviation of the actual results. The more searches done, the more consistently the results are normal, in which the actual results and expected results are within 1 standard deviation; perhaps a bit more, 1.5 or 1.7.

Every search I did was by skipping 1000 letters minimum all the way up to the maximum allowable skip number, which for a four letter word, for instance, was about 153,000 letters. This I did for each of the 367 searches performed for the 95 Hebrew and Aramaic names and titles of God in The Peshitta.

Whether the deviations from the mean are greater than the mean or less than the mean is irrelevant; what is significant is the absolute value is the variance, that is why a chi square is used to test the statisical significance, Otto; it squares the variance, so that whether the variance is negative or positive, the chi square result is positive. If you know statistics, you should know this. You never add up the raw variances; you square them first. Show me the method you are using cited from a text book on statistics and I might listen to you.

I have tested The 4 Greek NT's, War and Peace, The KJV, Weymouth's translation, Moby Dick, and scrambled Peshitta texts and scrambled Hebrew OT texts for Divine titles and names as well, using the same general skip ranges and analysis methods. I used chi square and ANOVA and Z score analysis. All the above produced normal results, with mean Z scores between 0 and 2.

I even verified results using Randy Ingermanson's (PHD in Physics- a Bible codes skeptic) codecracker program which can test any text for codes by searching for all word patterns (digrams & trigrams) at any skip range. His program automatically computes stat. results of findings and saves results in a data table. His program gives essentially the same stats I obtained using Codefinder, for both The Peshitta and The Hebrew Bible. All other texts test "normal".

The only literary works which show abnormal results are The Hebrew Tanach and The Peshitta NT.
I also tested The Peshitta books individually. They also show intentional coding.

Please, Otto, do an experiment or two of this nature, doing a sufficient number of searches to make the results statistically significant, and then you can speak with authority.

Out of 367 searches, a random "normal" non coded text should and will reveal 98% of the results within 3 standard deviations; only about 2% will be greater than 3. The Peshitta results are that 42% of the 367 deviations (154 of them) are greater than 3.0 SD; that is nowhere near normal. These are not normal random results as are found in other texts, whether literature or scrambled control texts.

You ought to take a more objective position, Otto. You seem hell bent on your a priori bias that codes simply cannot exist and you know it, before even looking for them and using the scientific method to find out.

Ed Sherman certainly is a professional statistician and he used to be a Bible codes skeptic until he examined the evidence himself and also did some code searching. He now believes God put codes in the Bible, and he has published many articles presenting the evidence supporting that conclusion. He has also presented several of mine on The Peshitta, which I have included in my book (now a free download from Aramaicnt.com) Divine Contact. Ed's web site is biblecodedigest.com

You have not searched the Hebrew Bible, Otto; you have not searched The Aramaic NT. How can you know that codes are not there?

Blessings,

Dave

Messages In This Thread
The Perfect Peshitta Text - by ograabe - 06-07-2008, 07:51 PM
Re: The Perfect Peshitta Text - by gbausc - 06-09-2008, 06:38 PM
Re: The Perfect Peshitta Text - by ograabe - 06-10-2008, 06:49 PM
Re: The Perfect Peshitta Text - by gbausc - 06-10-2008, 08:55 PM
Re: The Perfect Peshitta Text - by Stephen Silver - 06-16-2008, 10:57 PM
Re: The Perfect Peshitta Text - by *Albion* - 06-17-2008, 01:11 AM
Re: The Perfect Peshitta Text - by gbausc - 06-17-2008, 04:59 PM
Re: The Perfect Peshitta Text - by ograabe - 06-25-2008, 01:26 AM
Re: The Perfect Peshitta Text - by gbausc - 06-25-2008, 02:54 PM