Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ray Pritz And The Narkis Street Congregation
I have a small book that I got from: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.hakesher.org">http://www.hakesher.org</a><!-- m --> called 'Narkis Street Sermons'.

There are now 15,000 Messianic Jews In Israel.

A lot of that growth started at Narkis Street Congregation (formerly 'Narkis Street Baptist Church') in a mixed Congregation composed of Jews, Gentiles (including a good many Arabs) that was burned to the ground by Orthodox Jewish extremist's once in the late 1960's, and the Congregation there met in an Army tent for many years.

Later, a very kool building that looked like an 'Old Jerusalem' building was built to replace the Army tent.

About six months ago, it too was set on fire by Orthodox Jewish extremist's, and was extensively damaged. It was partially saved when Jewish neighbors called the 'Fire Brigade', in a show of solidarity with The Narkis Street Congregation.

By the next morning, even the Mayor of Jerusalem had visited the mostly destroyed Church, and many Jewish neighbors came together with the Believers at Narkis Street, and vowed to prevent further destruction by Orthodox Jewish extremist's, by being a sort of neighborhood watch committee.

Ray Pritz is an Elder (or least used to be an Elder) at this Congregation.

This is the same Church where Dr. Robert Lindsey (author of 'Jesus, Rabbi and Lord') used to Pastor.

Because this Congregation was so "Evangelical", and was so successful in witnessing to Jewish people and bringing them to Faith in Yeshua as Messiah, and Lord of their lives, they were, and I feel that they will continue to be, "a target" for Orthodox Jewish extremist's.

When we pine away for the Orthodox Jewish way of life, let us remember all of our Brothers and Sisters in Messiah Yeshua, that are facing firebombings, and now are even having their young people targeted and attacked by these SAME Orthodox Jewish extremist's.

And this is not only happening in Jerusalem, but further to the South, in the Negev desert in the city of Arad, as well.

I understand wanting to follow a culture, I REALLY DO, but not at the expense of our other Messianic Brothers and Sisters.

I try to pray each night for the Believers there in Israel, I also pray that Messiah will continue to open the eyes of our Jewish Brothers and Sisters, and that they will see Him for exactly WHO HE IS.

Shlama in Yeshua, Albion

Messages In This Thread
Ray Pritz And The Narkis Street Congregation - by *Albion* - 05-10-2008, 07:55 PM