Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Messianic/Nazarene VS. Christian
Albion Wrote:You know Dawid, what you SHOULD have done when you joined this Board was to study the very early Assyrian Church of the East.

Members of Messiah's own family were "leaders" of this ancient Church, early on.

For between 190 to 200 years the COE had blood born Jews (the Remnant of the original Nazarenes, in my opinion) as Catholicos, or Patriarchs, of said Church.

NOW, if the Nazarenes "migrated" into the Assyrian COE, and even Messiah's OWN FAMILY MEMBERS were a part of the very early COE, do you REALLY think that they would be "apostates" (why not just use the Muslim term "infidels"?) from what Messiah Yeshua actually TAUGHT?

Your way too caught up in your own drama here Dawid. Not seeing the forest, because of the trees.

I've been looking since 1988 into the Assyrian COE, one must keep an open mind, for historical research that's as technical and tedious as this kind of research can be.

You don't have to abandon your beliefs, but you MUST keep an open mind.

Have you read Ray Pritz's book about 'Nazarene Jewish Christianity'?

if you have, what about his opinions and his research?

Albion
Albion, I agree. At the time it would have been a good idea. And I did start reading a history of the COE back then. Now I am focused on other things. I would love to study it, but I feel there are more pressing issues at the moment.
I did not say that they were at the time. I merely commented on the current status of the COE.
I love technical and tedious historical research.
Yes, I own Pritz's book. I think it was very good research. I disagree with a few of his opinions, but most of it was right on.

Messages In This Thread
Messianic/Nazarene VS. Christian - by *Albion* - 05-08-2008, 09:41 PM
Re: Messianic/Nazarene VS. Christian - by Dawid - 05-10-2008, 03:44 PM
Re: Messianic/Nazarene VS. Christian - by Dawid - 05-10-2008, 04:44 PM
Re: Messianic/Nazarene VS. Christian - by Dawid - 05-10-2008, 04:53 PM
Re: Messianic/Nazarene VS. Christian - by Dawid - 05-10-2008, 05:05 PM
Re: Messianic/Nazarene VS. Christian - by Dawid - 05-10-2008, 05:10 PM
Re: Messianic/Nazarene VS. Christian - by Dawid - 05-10-2008, 05:20 PM
Re: Messianic/Nazarene VS. Christian - by Dawid - 05-10-2008, 05:39 PM
Re: Messianic/Nazarene VS. Christian - by Dawid - 05-10-2008, 06:06 PM
Re: Messianic/Nazarene VS. Christian - by Dawid - 05-10-2008, 06:36 PM
Re: Messianic/Nazarene VS. Christian - by Dawid - 05-10-2008, 06:38 PM