Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Messianic/Nazarene VS. Christian
Dawid Wrote:No, they were not observant. That does not excuse them from not becoming Shomer HaTorah again.
They were in Mesopotamia and Asia, correct? I don't remember what Josephus said about it.

You have spoken correctly. They were not observant. They could care less about Jerusalem, or your prophets or your customs. That's one of the reasons why they were banished, was it not? That they were essentially Hebrew Pagans?

Did they not revert to being just plain pagan Mesopotamians like their forefather Terah?

I'm not asking for your opinion of whether you feel they should observe anything "Jewish" or not. They are not, and have never been "Jews."

I asked you whether Meshikha could have meant those of the House of Israel, who were "lost" according to His very own words.

Then I asked you to investigate from contemporary sources like Josephus as to the location of these "lost" sheep of the House of Israel. You are again correct, Josephus locates them in Mesopotamia (northern, specifically in Adiabene (Assyria).)

Not only Josephus, but also King Agrippa of the Jews himself when he gave the speech to the Jews to try and talk them out of starting a war with Rome.

Now, again, you may not like the implications of it, but to many people the fact that Meshikha's Church was established among these "lost sheep" of the House of Israel in northern Mesopotamia, and which has continuously existed to this day....is a fulfillment of these words that Meshikha spoke.

For your reference, see the speech of King Agrippa here:

http://www.interhack.net/projects/librar...b2c16.html

Quote:Must they come from the parts of the world that are uninhabited? for all that are in the habitable earth are [under the] Romans. Unless any of you extend his hopes as far as beyond the Euphrates, and suppose that those of your own nation that dwell in Adiabene will come to your assistance; but certainly these will not embarrass themselves with an unjustifiable war, nor, if they should follow such ill advice, will the Parthians permit them so to do; for it is their concern to maintain the truce that is between them and the Romans.

There are many other references from Josephus placing the "lost sheep" of the House of Israel smack dab in the middle of Adiabene, the center of the Church of the East. Let me know if you want to see them.

+Shamasha

Messages In This Thread
Messianic/Nazarene VS. Christian - by *Albion* - 05-08-2008, 09:41 PM
Re: Messianic/Nazarene VS. Christian - by Dawid - 05-10-2008, 03:44 PM
Re: Messianic/Nazarene VS. Christian - by Dawid - 05-10-2008, 04:44 PM
Re: Messianic/Nazarene VS. Christian - by Dawid - 05-10-2008, 04:53 PM
Re: Messianic/Nazarene VS. Christian - by Dawid - 05-10-2008, 05:05 PM
Re: Messianic/Nazarene VS. Christian - by Dawid - 05-10-2008, 05:10 PM
Re: Messianic/Nazarene VS. Christian - by Dawid - 05-10-2008, 05:20 PM
Re: Messianic/Nazarene VS. Christian - by Dawid - 05-10-2008, 05:39 PM
Re: Messianic/Nazarene VS. Christian - by Paul Younan - 05-10-2008, 05:52 PM
Re: Messianic/Nazarene VS. Christian - by Dawid - 05-10-2008, 06:06 PM