Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Messianic/Nazarene VS. Christian
If anyone has a question about my positions, please see the thread in question in the Messianic/Nazarene section. My beliefs are no more elitist than those of other religions. I did not say that we serve different Gods. I clearly stated that we believe in the same God, but different Gospels, and therefore different Messiahs.
I was not raised Jewish, but my family history is, most likely, Jewish. This, though, is irrelevant, since anyone can join the nation of Israel if they wish. I am not better than another human being. Besides all that, some estimate that 60-80% of Ashkenazis are actually descendants of German, Russian, and Polish converts. So saying that I am descended from Ashkenazi Jewry probably just means I'm descended from some German who converted to Judaism 400 years ago. lol.
If anything I say is contrary to the teachings of Messiah, please point me to which teachings I am contradicting. If I am, I have no greater wish than to change my views. But please show me where he said something contrary to what I say.

Albion, I have not made an issue of being Jewish. I never brought it up. I don't understand how I am racist and elitist if I have not brought up my race. I don't know what is elitist about stating that we are of different faiths. Is it elitist for a Jew to tell a Muslim that their religions are different, though they serve the same God?

Chaveri, I was talking to akhnu Andrew when I said this. It was not intended to be exclusive or judgmental. It was meant to indicate a halachic distinction. That is all. I never told you that we were of different faiths. I told Mr. Roth that there is a halachic difference between us.

I must repeat, I never said that we worship a different God. I was very emphatic about saying that we worship the same God, in fact.

You say "judge not" but isn't it true that Yeshu'ah said "judge not that you be not judged"?

Please allow me to put it as a parable.
If two men come to the same master and receive their orders. He tells each of them to do the things on a list. Each servant interprets them according to the understanding of his heart. One must get it right and the other must get it wrong. The one that gets it wrong must do so because of the hardness of his own heart. Then can it be said that the hard-hearted servant served the Master? No. He served his own heart. So they did not follow the same master.
I understand that it may turn out in the end that I was the hard-hearted servant. But one of us must be serving the Master, and the other is serving his own hard heart. Only time will tell us which of us is following the true Master.

I am sorry that the synagogue you attended did not focus on the Messiah. If you were to visit my family on the Sabbath it is different. We read from the Torah, the K'tuvim, and what I like to call the 'Edot HaMashiakh (Testimonies of the Messiah).

Freedom is the ability to do what is right. I believe that the Torah is what is right. That is freedom. Anything less than Torah is bondage.

If we do not judge anything, Chaveri, we will accept everything. Including iniquity.

Please understand, I am not angry, I am not excited. I am simply pleading with you to listen to me and understand that I don't mean to exclude anyone. The door to the Messiah is open to anyone who desires to enter. I am simply standing by the idea that there is one faith, one hope, and one immersion in the Messiah Yeshu'ah. If there is anything I can do to bridge the gap between us, please tell me. I do not know what you want from me, chaver.

Shabbath shalom,
Dawid

Messages In This Thread
Messianic/Nazarene VS. Christian - by *Albion* - 05-08-2008, 09:41 PM
Re: Messianic/Nazarene VS. Christian - by Dawid - 05-10-2008, 03:44 PM
Re: Messianic/Nazarene VS. Christian - by Dawid - 05-10-2008, 04:44 PM
Re: Messianic/Nazarene VS. Christian - by Dawid - 05-10-2008, 04:53 PM
Re: Messianic/Nazarene VS. Christian - by Dawid - 05-10-2008, 05:05 PM
Re: Messianic/Nazarene VS. Christian - by Dawid - 05-10-2008, 05:10 PM
Re: Messianic/Nazarene VS. Christian - by Dawid - 05-10-2008, 05:20 PM
Re: Messianic/Nazarene VS. Christian - by Dawid - 05-10-2008, 05:39 PM
Re: Messianic/Nazarene VS. Christian - by Dawid - 05-10-2008, 06:06 PM