Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Concerning Dave. B's New Testament
Quote:Also , Jesus was and is God, how can He forsake himself?

I never said He was forsaken. I said He became sin, just as the scripture says He became sin. Yes, He was also the sin offering, but this sin offering was The ONE TRUE SIN OFFERING which took all sin unto himself: "Behold the Lamb of God Which takes away the sin of the world." John 1:29
"The LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all." Isaiah 53:6

He became our sin by taking it unto Himself. You apparently think that diminishes Him and makes Him unholy. I believe this is proof of His supreme Holiness.
He was always giving up what He had and was, from the incarnation and descent from Heavenly glory to the death of the cross. His willingness to become sin and to experience the death of His infinitely Righteous Soul was the ultimate Holiness of Love. You have not addressed this from Isaiah 53:10-12.

You also have ignored my questions to you concerning John 15:13.
Quote:Does God The Father have the greatest love possible? Only if He lays down His Life for His friends. Does God The Son have the greatest love possible? Only if He lays down His Life for His friends. Does God The Spirit of Holiness have the greatest love possible? Only if He lays down His Life for His friends.

Hebrews 9:16 says, "For where there is a testament, it shows the death of him who made it." So I ask you again: Who made the New Covenant?
Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Jer. 31:31

So YAHWEH had to die!

That is my main point. You say He could not become sin, because that would make Him unholy. I disagree and the scripture plainly states that he did become sin.
Many will object that God cannot die. Yet scripture plainly states that Christ died, and that He is YAHWEH! He died when He became sin, as God is Righteousness. He gave up His righteousness for us.

I see transcendent beauty and Holiness in God's willingness to suffer and give up all that He had and was for us all, that we might Live. I also see His complete victory over sin and death in His resurrection. I see nothing of that in what many call the gospel, in which God remains aloof and untouched by suffering and death and sends someone else (His Son) to suffer and die for us. I cannot see love in that- certainly not the Love of John 15:13 :13. ???There is no greater love than this: that a person would lay down his life for the sake of his friends." (again, my translation of The Peshitta)
If God The Father did not lay down His Life for us, then His Son is superior to Him and God The Father is not Love. But in Yeshua is all the fulness of The Godhead and He is The LIFE of God, so when He was dying, the Godhead was dying.

I know this sounds impossible, but the Love of God must seem impossible, or it cannot be truly the Love of God.

14. And I bow my knees to The Father of Our Lord Yeshua The Messiah,
15. Him from whom every fatherhood is named, that is in Heaven and in Earth,
16. That he would grant you according to the riches of his glory to be confirmed by power in his Spirit, that in your inner person
17. The Messiah may dwell by faith, and in your hearts by love, when your root and your foundation shall be confirmed,
18. That you can discover with all the holy, what is the height and depth and length and breadth,
19. And you may know the magnitude * of the knowledge of the love of The Messiah and you may be filled in all the fullness of God.
20. But to him who is more than almighty to do for us and is greater than what we ask or imagine, according to his power that is active in us,
21. To him be glory by the church in Yeshua The Messiah to all generations of the eternity of eternities. Amen. -Ephesians. 3 (My translation)

Did Jesus become sin for us? You bet He did! Was He too Holy to touch evil? No, He was too Holy not to touch evil. He was too holy to remain in Heaven; He was too Holy to remain in glory and be worshipped day and night; He was too Holy to remain above us all and keep His hands clean and His garments spotless. He was too Holy to fellowship with saints and angels for eternity. He was too Holy to remain immortal and temptation free. He was too Holy to shield Himself from suffering, want, poverty, pain and tears. He certainly was too Holy to watch a lost world of souls die one by one and remain forever lost and dead. There was only one way to save them, and that was to become infinite Sin Himself- absorbing all the evil the universe could ever muster and throw at Him, and destroy it once for all in the Death of all deaths in His own Person on the cross, killing sin with Himself, and taking sinners out with Him as well :"If The One died for all, then everyone died with Him." 2 Cor. 5:14

And then He arose!

Dave

Messages In This Thread
Re: Concerning Dave. B's New Testament - by sean - 04-21-2008, 08:18 AM
Re: Concerning Dave. B's New Testament - by sean - 04-21-2008, 08:59 AM
Re: Concerning Dave. B's New Testament - by sean - 04-21-2008, 09:13 PM
Re: Concerning Dave. B's New Testament - by sean - 04-21-2008, 09:24 PM
Re: Concerning Dave. B's New Testament - by sean - 04-22-2008, 11:34 PM
Re: Concerning Dave. B's New Testament - by sean - 04-22-2008, 11:40 PM
Re: Concerning Dave. B's New Testament - by gbausc - 04-23-2008, 12:38 PM
Re: Concerning Dave. B's New Testament - by sean - 04-23-2008, 09:59 PM
Re: Concerning Dave. B's New Testament - by sean - 04-23-2008, 10:38 PM