Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Beliefs About "Hell" And How I Got Them (Off Topic)
I'm going to write this post, and I'm going to simply tell my story.

No one necessarily needs to believe it. However, it IS true.

Back around 1995 or so, I was spending quite a bit of time thinking about the Jewishness of 'Christianity', and this consequently, led me to think about The Shoah, or The Holocaust.

I especially wondered what happened to the men and women that fed The House of Israel into the gas chambers at Auschwitz and Dachu, and Bergen-Belsen.

I of course, thought that these evil people went to "hell" or Gehenna after their lives ended.

I still believe that.

Around that same time, I found a book called 'Four Views of Hell' by John Walvoord, (who believes in the Literal version of hell), Metaphorical, by William Crockett, Purgatorial, by Zachary Hayes, and Conditional by Clark Pinnock.

I had never even HEARD of Conditional Immortality before.

But out of these four views, it made far and away the most sense, at least to ME.

Clark Pinnock suggested another book about this Conditional View of Immortality called 'The Fire That Consumes' by Edward William Fudge.

Fudge is a Church of Christ Minister and wrote in the typical fashion of most Church of Christ literature, which is tedious and boring.

Then a few years ago I found another good book on this subject called 'Two Views of Hell', by Edward William Fudge, and Robert A. Peterson.

This was A DEBATE and it was much better than Fudge's other boring and rather tedious book, it was spirited and lively, and both men were kind and polite to each other, yet still strong with their respective points.

Although I was a member of Church of God (Seventh Day) for awhile, I never bought into their "soul sleep" idea, but I DID respect the idea that finally evil and totally unrepentant sinners WERE EXTINGUISHED by God.

They were NOT tortured in an eternal hell of fire and brimstone, but were FINALLY once and for all time, annihilated.

And while God and His Messiah would prefer that NO ONE perish, if someone is INSISTENT on persuing unrighteousness, certainly if they WANT to go to Gehenna, it's their free will to do EXACTLY THAT, and God WILL *NOT* STOP THEM!

And there The Second Death awaits them.

You know, NO ONE taught me this doctrine, I found it from my own research, and I believe it to be true.

I also find it to be Compassionate. I NEVER saw YHWH torture His enemies in the Tanakh, He simply ELIMANATED THEM.

This is exactly what Conditional Immortality teaches.

It wasn't until I got on the internet in 1999 or 2000, that I found out that there were actually OTHERS who believed this same teaching, in some fashion or another.

Since I don't believe in 'soul sleep' I don't worry about what Yeshua meant when He said "TODAY you'll be with me in Paradise".

In the P'shitta N.T. texts (NOR in the Greek N.T.) THERE WERE *NO COMMA'S* AS I UNDERSTAND IT.

So, I find this teaching comfortable, compassionate, and finally, JUST.

That EVIL PEOPLE (who are totally and completely UNREPENTANT) are destroyed body, mind, and soul, FOREVER!

This answered my original question about those who perpetuated The Shoah, or The Holocaust, upon The House of Israel.

And it answered it COMPLETELY.

Evil WILL BE DESTROYED.

Those who THINK that they are so cunning now, that they are more intelligent than YHWH Himself, they will be DESTROYED, completely, and FOREVER.

Now, I'll tell you straight up, that I'm NOT going to argue about this.

I told my story, and that's ALL that matters.

I hate crude and unending arguments.

But I enjoy story telling.

I hope that you enjoyed my story here.

Shlama, Albion

Messages In This Thread
My Beliefs About "Hell" And How I Got Them (Off Topic) - by SyriacQuestioner - 02-20-2008, 07:50 PM