Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about PT, origin, usefulness
I bought this edition of the Peshitta Tanakh (the one in your first post) earlier this year, and it is a very good edition. You need to be able to read the script, which is Swadaya (Eastern) script with vowels. If you can read Estrangela script, it will be easy to read this script because only a few letters are different. The print is rather small, and the printing is not always that clear, so at times it takes some effort to read. But it is a compact edition, and I have not noticed any problems with it so far. The Peshitta Tanakh in the Comprehensive Aramaic Lexicon web site does not have any vowels, so this edition is an improvement on that.

I think the Peshitta Tanakh is extremely under utilized. It is much more useful than the Targumim, and is a much more consistent translation.

I don't know anything at all about the second book you mentioned - there are no details as to what manuscript it comes from, or whether it is scanned pages.

- Ewan MacLeod

Messages In This Thread
Question about PT, origin, usefulness - by yaaqub - 12-27-2007, 03:55 PM
Re: Question about PT, origin, usefulness - by Ewan MacLeod - 12-28-2007, 11:55 AM