Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Book: Tanakh plus Peshitta combined!!
Shlama Akhi Ewan,

I just downloaded the color version of your book. I think it's fantastic! I love the Ashuri script font you used with the vowel points and spirantization (Ruchaka) marks in The Peshitta. I also love the Kethiv & Qere readings in The Tanak. It is great to see the entire Bible in the essential original text and something close to the original script. A beautiful work!

I will soon order a printed edition. Many thanks and congratulations to you are in order.

The text you use for The Peshitta seems to be the same I used for my interlinear, which is the critical Peshitta
in The so called 1905 Peshitta NT, also found in The Syriac Bible of United Bible Society, 1979, with the 27 book canon and the Western Peshitta text type. Personally, I believe this is the original Aramaic text, so I am very happy you used it. Others will take issue with that; so be it. Regardless, you have performed a very valuable service to the world and made a very valuable contribution to Bible scholarship, as has Stephen Silver in his Eastern Khabouris ms. Peshitta transcription.

So far, there are 3 Peshitta translations and 2 Peshitta transcriptions originating from Peshitta.org forum members here. Not a bad record! Not bad at all, if I say so myself!

I think Paul Younan deserves credit for his inspiration, peerless knowledge of The Peshitta text & history, of Aramaic, and his spirit of excellence in bringing most of this about.

Tawdi Ewan, w'nebrakak Marya (Thank you & The LORD bless you),

Dave Bauscher

Messages In This Thread
Re: New Book: Tanakh plus Peshitta combined!! - by gbausc - 12-19-2007, 02:07 AM