Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The importance of original languages
Shalom aleichem (Peace be with you)!

Ladies and gentlemen, excuse-me!
I'm interested in learning Aramaic and one friend of other forum said to me about the Peshitta. I'm learning Hebrew and I wish to learn Aramaic too. I'm not opposed to translate the Holy Bible to many languages, like English, French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic... I am a person who wants to create one site with pages in many idioms. Paul, the apostle, used the Greek to preach the Gospel.
But, I believe that the christian theologians, pastors and until the missionaries can't despise the Bible in Hebrew and Aramaic, the original texts. I think the christians need to prefer the original texts, in the original languages. Someone wishes to learn about the history of U.S.A. and Australia. Where will we meet the origin of these countries? In Poland? In Hungary? In Saudi Arabia? No! In England.
So, Jesus the Nazarene is israeli, hebrew, jew. He isn't greek. He isn't roman. And his apostles were jews too, or gentios converted to the Judaism.
Also I believe in the existence of a code in the Bible, in Hebrew and maybe in Aramaic (because the Alphabet).
Also I am favorable the christians know, read the Talmud* and the Midrash* too, even if the christian person discord with the jew doctrine.

(*jew books).

Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
The importance of original languages - by Yohanan Shaul - 01-27-2005, 11:00 AM
[No subject] - by Dan Gan - 01-27-2005, 12:45 PM
[No subject] - by Yohanan Shaul - 01-29-2005, 12:38 PM
[No subject] - by Yohanan Shaul - 01-29-2005, 12:50 PM
[No subject] - by peshitta_enthusiast - 01-29-2005, 12:57 PM
[No subject] - by Yohanan Shaul - 01-31-2005, 12:25 PM
[No subject] - by peshitta_enthusiast - 01-31-2005, 08:47 PM