Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soothsaying
Hi David:
How do you understand Acts 16:16-19? How is Bible Codes statistical research any different (when it is used in an attempt to prove Aramaic Primacy), than the soothsayer, who was motivated by a demon when she said,

"These men are servants of the Most High God, who proclaim to us the way of salvation."

To link Aramaic Primacy with the statistical analysis of hidden codes in the New Testament Peshitta, can not be of a pure motive. It is at the very least extremely naive to be a proponent of any statistical analysis of the Bible, either the TaNaK (Old Testament or the New Testament, when doing so violates tenets of the text itself. It is forbidden in the TORAH to soothsay, practice witchcraft, divination, the doctrine of Balaam, etc..etc... (Exodus 22:18, Deuteronomy 18:10, Joshua 13:22, II Chronicles 33:6, Malachi 3:5, Ezekiel 13:9, Micah 3:6-7, Galatians 5:20.

I have known people that consult their horoscope daily. I have also known believers that have been delivered from these evil spirits. It becomes an obsession and then a dark, evil spirit begins to cloud their judgement, and then it enters where it ought not, and begins to contaminate the WORD of GOD that they have already received.

Is there any intrinsic difference between this form of opression/posession and the direction in which your statistical research leads. Are you not trying to reassure us that this type of "analytical research" is not an entrapment of of Akal-Kartza (the slandering-devourer, the Devil). That is precisely what it is, in my humble opinion.

Continuing to do so will eventually dissuade some searching Christians as well as unbelievers from giving any credibility to Aramaic Primacy in it's purest form.

Kind Regards,
Stephen Silver

Messages In This Thread
Soothsaying - by nashama - 12-06-2004, 08:35 PM
Soothsaying ? - by gbausc - 12-08-2004, 02:17 PM