Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A gift
Shlama Dave,

Quote:Your response made me laugh.

Laughter is a way to ward off the sign of embarassment.

Quote:Job's words have nothing to do with embryology. He referred to his sufferings at God's hand in a figure of speech as being curdled as cheese.

Sure, buddy.

"Remember, I beseech thee, that thou hast fashioned me as clay; and wilt thou bring me into the dust again! Hast thou not poured me out as milk, and curdled me like cheese? Thou hast clothed me with skin and flesh, and knit me together with bones and sinews."

This verse clearly depicts the sequence of Job's creation. After being fashioned as clay, he makes the poetic statement of being poured out as milk and curdled like cheese. Aristole made the same comparison (milk and its coagulation, which is cheese)

Coagulation: to cause to become viscous or thickened into a coherent mass : CURDLE, CLOT
2) to gather together or form into a mass or group

On the Generation of Animals, Aristotle (384 BC???322 BC) wrote

"The male provides the ???form??? and the ???principle of the movement,??? the female provides the body, in other words the material. Compare the coagulation of milk. Here, milk is the body, and the fig-juice or rennet contains the principle which causes it to set."

Here are the facts:

1) Many Alexandrian Jews studied Aristole's On the Generation of Animals at the biological school of Alexandria
2) At least portions of the Book of Job, Wisdom of Solomon, Ecclesiasticus, Proverbs, was composed in this very important Jewish center.
3) Two embryological references, which can be found in Aristole's On Generation of Animals, occur in two of these writings (Job, WoS)

Conclusion; The embryological references that occur in these writings have their root from the Alexandrian Jews who were heavily influenced by Aristole (amongside others).

I've demonstrated the sequence of the development of the human embryo with verses from the Qu'ran. They make no such error.

You and Paul have chosen to ignore them, however.

Quote:Galen of the 2nd century did not understand how human life is formed. If Mohammed repeated Galen, he repeated errors.

But now we both know he didn't.

Quote:I have never accepted the Apocrypha as scripture. Wisdom of Solomon is from the Apocrypha.

Churches seem to pick books that shades their pictures of theology and discard the others. Compare the Syrian Orthodox Church's canon to the Ethiopian one (both "Apostolic" churches receiving instruction from Apostles). Compare the Roman Catholic canon to the Protestant.

Quote:As to 2 Kings and Isaiah, we don't know that Isaiah didn't write 2 Kings. He would have been stealing from himself if he had.

There is much controversy over the authorship of Isaiah because it has multiple writing styles. There is even controversy over the authorship of the Torah as we have it today. Authorship of a book should not involve faith.

Quote:I'm not aware that plagiarism even existed in 700 BC as we define it today. The writer of 2 Kings does not name himself, so how could we accuse anyone of plagiarism ? Isaiah has much of the info. contained in 2 Kings 19-25 in his prophecy , chapters 37-39. He may very well have written both books.

Quote:What next ? You have conveniently ignored the charge of ignorance on Mohammed's part. He wrote errors about human conception and embryos. The Koran cannot be the word of God.

Read my refutation to these "errors" which is right before my post on the book of Job.
???Do not give up, for that is ignorance and not according to the rules of this art... Like the lover, you cannot hope to achieve success without infinite perseverance.???

Messages In This Thread
A gift - by bar_khela - 11-02-2004, 11:10 PM
Re: A gift - by Paul Younan - 11-04-2004, 09:50 PM
Re: A gift - by bar_khela - 11-04-2004, 10:39 PM
[No subject] - by Paul Younan - 11-04-2004, 11:23 PM
[No subject] - by bar_khela - 11-05-2004, 12:00 AM
[No subject] - by Paul Younan - 11-05-2004, 12:16 AM
Prophets and prophecy - by Andrew Gabriel Roth - 11-05-2004, 02:00 AM
[No subject] - by bar_khela - 11-05-2004, 03:07 AM
[No subject] - by Paul Younan - 11-05-2004, 04:38 AM
Re: Prophets and prophecy - by bar_khela - 11-08-2004, 05:31 PM
[No subject] - by bar_khela - 11-08-2004, 05:47 PM