Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Eastern Peshitta Interlinear
Shlama,

For the last several years I've worked with the translator in counseling, editing, and some translation, as well as writing the Forward, to bring this to publication.  The Aramaic text and English translation included should be representative of the Eastern Aramaic in every single instance, with all Western-exclusive readings noted as they appear in the text.  The rest of the Eastern Peshitta will follow in similar interlinear format.  I'm not financially-invested or compensated, for whatever that is worth, but I am trying to get the word around for all those interested in the Peshitta text.  Below is further info from the publisher on the publication, with sample excerpts and links to purchase, if desired.

in HIM,
Jeremy 

The New MESSIANIC ALEPH TAV INTERLINEAR SCRIPTURES - NEW TESTAMENT (MATIS-NT) The GOSPELS, Volume Four is Now Published.

This work is a “Study Bible” and unique because it is the first true interlinear New Testament to combine both the John W. Etheridge Eastern Aramaic Peshitta in both Aramaic and Hebrew font compared to the Greek, word by word, in true interlinear form. This is the first time the Aramaic Peshitta has ever been in true interlinear form word by word in this complete form...please check out sample Pdf's. 

ORDERING LINK for both the Red Letter or Bold Black: 

https://alephtavscriptures.com/product-category/matis-nt/

Red Letter Pdf Sample:

https://alephtavscriptures.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/MATIS-NT-GOSPELS-76-Pg-Red-Letter-SAMPLE.pdf

Bold Black Pdf Sample:

https://alephtavscriptures.com/wp-conten...SAMPLE.pdf

The Messianic Aleph Tav Interlinear Scriptures (MATIS-NT) The GOSPELS, both Red Letter and Bold Black Editions are the most unique Interlinear Study Bibles of the New Testament in the world. This work is a “Study Bible” and unique because it is the first true interlinear New Testament to combine both the John W. Etheridge Eastern Aramaic Peshitta in both Aramaic and Hebrew font compared to the Greek, word by word, in true interlinear form. This is the first time the Aramaic Peshitta has ever been in true interlinear form word by word. The John W. Etheridge Eastern Aramaic Peshitta English translation was provided by Lars Lindgren and incorporates his personal notes and also, the Hebrew pronunciation of the Aramaic is unique and was created and provided by Lars Lindgren of http://Dukhrana.com/ and used with his permission…all of which comes under copyright protection.

www.AlephTavScriptures.com
This is a big step in the right direction and I am happy to see it coming out. Being the purist I am though, I just wished The Aramaic Text there was REALLY The Peshitta Text and not just the UBS version of it, though with some of the more obvious western changes reverted back to the Original Eastern readings. Even though Etheridge's translation is the closer to the Original Peshitta text than the others, and is the more literal of the more known translations, it is still translated by Etheridge from a printed text/texts that doesn't always have the REAL Peshitta reading in every place, but rather is/are an edited version/versions of it.

Shlama
(12-25-2016, 03:40 AM)Thirdwoe Wrote: This is a big step in the right direction and I am happy to see it coming out. Being the purist I am though, I just wished The Aramaic Text there was REALLY The Peshitta Text and not just the UBS version of it, though with some of the more obvious western changes reverted back to the Original Eastern readings. Even though Etheridge's translation is the closer to the Original Peshitta text than the others, and is the more literal of the more known translations, it is still translated by Etheridge from a printed text/texts that doesn't always have the REAL Peshitta reading in every place, but rather is/are an edited version/versions of it.

Shlama

Shlama,

I share your sentiments as well.  Unfortunately, the compiler thought it best to use an existing translation in the public domain for sake of ease / getting it out there, so my contribution to it, as requested, was to attempt to alter the Western readings to Eastern originals.  The final result as it is was not my personal choosing, even.  

Still, glad to have been able to provide what I could, and like you wrote, definitely a step in the right direction.  One day, Alaha willing, there will be a true Eastern interlinear with fresh translation attached.  =)