Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Membership
Shlama Khulkon:
Once again we are approaching a mile-stone. This itime we arte 3 short of 1000 members. Not all are involved but I trust that many have learned by just reading the posts. So, within a few days we will see 1000 listed members, from 997, where the toll now stands.
My deepest thanks to Shamasha Paul Younan, the staff and a special blessing to each and every member who has showed an interest in Aramaic Primacy. Also, our thanks goes to those that are still in a learning curve and still find much of this to be overwhelming.
My deepest thanks goes to all those that chose to answer their posts with discretion and much sensitivity to all new members as they enroll.
Moreover, <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.dukhrana.com">www.dukhrana.com</a><!-- w --> continues to be used as a scholarly helps site and will remain to be just that so that all may benefit from knowing the Aramaic Language. There will be new additions from time to time at Dukhrana.com so all of us and many new people will be able to share intelligently in the discussions as they develop. Please continue to enjoy all of the free teaching aids at Dukhrana and from the deep discussions which make Aramaic once again a living language for all of us to enjoy, no matter which level we are at in our learning capacity.

Shlama,
Stephen Silver
Forum Moderator.
Hi Stephen, I emailed before about this,

I want to make sure -- can the Khabouris transcription be used as a derivative work?

May you please answer me in email / PM?
DrawCloser Wrote:Hi Stephen, I emailed before about this,

I want to make sure -- can the Khabouris transcription be used as a derivative work?

May you please answer me in email / PM?

Shlama Draw Closer:
I have no idea what you are talking about. What do you mean by dirivitive work? Be very clear and rephrase your request. Dirivitive work can be interpreted in various ways. I want to be sure I'm understanding your primary request. If you want to quote small portions feel free. If you want to use the transcription in it's entirety without any changes, feel free. Do not expect me to tolerate any changes (except verifiabletextual corrections) to any part of the main body of the work. Doing so violates the cohesiveness of the work and it will confuse people, and it will become something other than the Peshitta. Don't use substitute words anywhere in the text. Keep your thoughts to yourself.

Shlama,
Stephen Silver
May we talk about this in PM / email? A more private enviroment would be greatly appreciated...

I will send you a private message.