Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Judas' Title & Betrayal Words
Shlama,

i noticed this about the Aramaic title of Yeehuwda (Judas) and his last words to Yeshu'a:

his title: Yeehuwda Mash'l'mana = Judas the Traitor (Deliverer)

his last words to Yeshu'a: Shlam Rabbee = Peace, my Teacher (Great One)

i find it of note that Messiah's betrayer is called by a title that literally stems from the word for PEACE = SHLAMA, and that is EXACTLY the term Yeehuwda uses when he betrays him!

the kiss is one thing, of course, but it is like Yeehuwda pronounced his very FUNCTION with his last words to Messiah! i know it isn't "big" or anything, but it was a "whoa" moment for me to see the connection, anyway.

on the Greek side of things, there is NO connection between his last words and his title of "traitor," which are, respectively, KHIRE' RABBEE / PRODATAYS.

i would say this is a small evidence of Aramaic primacy, but more significant in the meaning of the connection considering the relationship between Yeshu'a and Yeehuwda. so very sad....

Chayim b'Moshiach,
Jeremy
Burning one Wrote:Shlama,

i noticed this about the Aramaic title of Yeehuwda (Judas) and his last words to Yeshu'a:

his title: Yeehuwda Mash'l'mana = Judas the Traitor (Deliverer)

his last words to Yeshu'a: Shlam Rabbee = Peace, my Teacher (Great One)

i find it of note that Messiah's betrayer is called by a title that literally stems from the word for PEACE = SHLAMA, and that is EXACTLY the term Yeehuwda uses when he betrays him!

the kiss is one thing, of course, but it is like Yeehuwda pronounced his very FUNCTION with his last words to Messiah! i know it isn't "big" or anything, but it was a "whoa" moment for me to see the connection, anyway.

on the Greek side of things, there is NO connection between his last words and his title of "traitor," which are, respectively, KHIRE' RABBEE / PRODATAYS.

i would say this is a small evidence of Aramaic primacy, but more significant in the meaning of the connection considering the relationship between Yeshu'a and Yeehuwda. so very sad....

Chayim b'Moshiach,
Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

Do you know the Aramaic term for a "Muslim"? I'll give you one guess.
interesting.... any place you know of online to which i can refer people to this little gem??

makes me pause to think about Judas being called the "son of perdition," and then in Thessalonians, the anti-messiah is also called the "son of perdition".... could the *ahem* "traitor" aspect be a hint to the religious persuasion of the anti-messiah, via what you've stated???