Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Concerning the word :Yahweh"
September 26, 2008

NEWS REPORT: "On August 8, 2008, Roman Catholic Church Bishop Arthur J. Serratelli of Paterson, N.J., chairman of the U.S. bishops??? Committee on Divine Worship, announced a new Vatican directive regarding the use of the name of God in the sacred liturgy. Specifically, the word Yahweh may no longer be used or pronounced in songs and prayers during liturgical celebrations."

Several published Catholic song books are affected.

Otto
I suppose the New Jerusalem Bible will now be banned in mass, no?

Perhaps going with what Y'shua taught us, might be the best way go in foreseeing all this language barrier stuff we would all go through....

Luke 11:2 "Y'shua said to them, "When you pray, you shall say thus: ???Our Father, who are in Heaven???..."

Mark 14:35-36 "And he (Y'shua) approached a little and he fell on the ground, and he prayed that if it were possible, the hour would pass from him. And he said, "Father, my Father, you can do everything; let this cup pass from me, yet not my own will, but yours."

Romans 8:15 For you have not received The Spirit of bondage again to fear, but you have received The Spirit of the adoption of children by whom we cry, ???Father, our Father.???

Galatians 4:6 And because you are children, God has sent The Spirit of His Son into your hearts, who cries, ???Father, our Father???.

The Roman Catholic Church said basically from "This day forward.........that their people could NOT say, chant nor sing The Name YHWH (or "Yahweh")".

So, it appears that the Orthodox, Conservative and Reform Jews have something in common with The Roman Catholic Church, and that is, that NONE of them can use The Word "YHWH"!

And time continues to wind downward..................