Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Young Earth or Old Earth?
Quote:So you acknowledge that MarYah Bar Alaha (Yahweh Son of God) is Elohim with The Father and The Spirit in Genesis 1:3?

I believe what is spoken in the Scriptures concering the relationship of The Father and The Son and The Holy Spirit...and I have always tried to be careful not to add my own interpretations as to how their relationship works...I have wondered though that if Yeshua is to be called Yahweh, then what name do we call His Father? This discussion would be outside this thread though. If you want we can take it to another thread....

I want to thank you for your time in presenting your position concerning the age of the Earth Dave, it has been a good conversation, but I think it has run its course don't you?

Unless you have something further to add to it I will leave it where it lay....

God's blessings,

Chuck
Can the either of you tell me why carbon dating is inaccurate with the earth's age and other things, yet we still rely on it to know when Moses's Exodus was (1400bc), the fact that Yeshua lived 2000 years ago, and other Biblical dates? Isn't that picking and choosing?
Shlama Akhi Daniel,

Carbon 14 dating is not normally used to date rocks, as Carbon 14 isotope occurs in organic matter- plant and animal. It does occur in coal and diamonds, however, as well as fossil rocks, many of which are supposed to be millions of years old. The problem with that, is C14 should not occur at all in a sample more than 200,000 years old, theoretically, since C14 has a half life of 5,730 years! (half of C14 decays into Nitrogen 14 every 5,730 years). The Carbon 14 method is not normally relied upon for samples considered older than 60,000 years, as there would be hardly any C14 left in such a sample to measure.

But ten coal samples supposedly from the Eocene, Cretaceous and Pennsylavanian periods (all, many millions of years ago)
have been found which have C14 levels in them consistent only with thousands of years, not millions.

A scientist named J. Baumgartner found a diamond in South Africa in "Precambrian strata" supposed to be 600 million yeras old. C14 levels are 100 times greater than expected. This diamond was formed 200 kilometers beneath the mantle, and because the atomic bonds in this, the hardest substance known, are so strong, contamination is not an option. The upper age limit on the diamond is 58,000 years. Other factors bring it down even more, which I won't go into here. Four other diamonds have been tested and confirmed these results. This puts the earth's age at thousands of years old, as a maximum. Millions of years simply is not a possibility.

There are many other dating methods which also strongly refute the "millions of years" age of the earth and support the creationist position of 6000 years.

Blessings,

Dave
Shlama Akhi Chuck,

I have said pretty much all I wish to say to you on the days of creation, except for this on your last quote to me:
Quote:So does that statement mean that we are in agreement that the Scripture declares that God created the Heaven and the Earth before the 1st day began

It really is a fallacy to talk of God creating Heaven and Earth before day one began, because it is tantamount to saying that God created time before time began. The universe consists of time,space and matter-no more, no less. We cannot reasonably speak of matter and space apart from events occurring (time) on the sub atomic, atomic, molecular and macroscopic levels. All that Genesis 1:1-5 says God created and did, happened on day one. Nothing He made was made "before the 1st day". The beginning of creation is the beginning of time. That is why the New Testament statement of our Lord, "In the beginning, He made them male and female."- Mark 10:6 is so important, as well as the passage in Matthew 19:4-8
Quote:4 And he answered and said to them: Have ye not read, that he who made them at the beginning, made them a male and a female?
5 And he said: For this reason, a man shall leave his father and his mother, and adhere to his wife; and they two shall be one flesh.
6 Wherefore they were not two, but one flesh. What therefore God hath united, let not man sunder.
7 They say to him: Why then did Moses command to give a bill of divorce, and to put her away?
8 He said to them: Moses, on account of the hardness of your heart, permitted you to divorce your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.
"In the beginning" is understood to refer to Genesis 1:1 as the beginning of the creation. If man was made "at the beginning", as our Lord says, the days of creation could not have been 1000 years long, or more, each. Even if the first three days were considered 1000 years or more each, man would have not been made at the beginning, but closer to the middle of time which had passed up to that point -(which would have been 7000 yrs. after the beginning of creation;approx. 4000 years after Adam's creation). But if the 1000 year day is supported for the first 3 days, it must be supported for all of them. In that case, Adam and Eve were created during the last half of the creation's existence- definitely not "the beginning" of Genesis`1. That would make our Lord's words misleading and inaccurate. But He obviously viewed Genesis in a straightforward fashion as the Jews of His day did: The days were days, years were years, seasons were seasons,signs were signs.
?? And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: Genesis 1:14
Heaven and Earth were created at the beginning; so were Adam and Eve, according to Yeshua.

Blessings,

Dave