Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question For Paul
hey there,

I asked you if you could translate my name, Spencer into Aramaic, and you did. But I was wondering if theres any way I could get it in Aramaic writing? If you could get back to me that would be great. Or anybody else that sees this and knows of a solution! Thanks a bunch!

Spencer
s_frail99 Wrote:hey there,

I asked you if you could translate my name, Spencer into Aramaic, and you did. But I was wondering if theres any way I could get it in Aramaic writing? If you could get back to me that would be great. Or anybody else that sees this and knows of a solution! Thanks a bunch!

Spencer

When Paul responded, he wrote it in Aramaic using the Estrangelo script. You will have to download the fonts (in the tools folder) if you can't read it. Transliterated means basically making the sounds of one language and making those same sounds using another language. Did you mean you want the word administrator or judge shown in Aramaic?

Wayne
I wanted my name, Spencer in aramaic, if thats possible. My name has no biblical references or meaning so i didn't know if that was right or not.
s_frail99 Wrote:I wanted my name, Spencer in aramaic, if thats possible. My name has no biblical references or meaning so i didn't know if that was right or not.

He spelled it out so it would make the sound Spencer in Aramaic.

I wouldn't say your name has no Biblical references. "Spencer" means a dispenser of justice.....and in Hebrew nouns come from the action of verbs:

Zechariah 7:9 "Thus has YHWH of hosts said, 'Dispense (mishpat) XpSm true justice and practice kindness and compassion each to his brother;"

Wayne